I know we all like to go out and have a good time. Most good times include friends, family, food, and drinks. With that good time comes a level of responsibility. You must take into consideration who’s lives can be affected as a result of getting behind the wheel after having a few too many alcoholic drinks. To prevent legal issues, injuries, or fatal accidents take a couple of easy steps prior to going out and enjoying yourself.
Suggestions for Safety (after drinking):
1. Make sure you know your limit. (know when you have had enough)
2. Decide who will be the designated driver and stick to the plan. (one drink can be too many)
3. Have the bar or restaurant call you a cab. (They always have the number ready.)
4. If you are out of town, find a location near your hotel that is in walking distance. (Make sure you don’t walk alone, you still have to abide by the rules.)
5. If you have no other choice, place your keys in the trunk where the spare tire is located, lie down on the back seat and sleep it off. The keys should not be inside the car. That would seem as if you had/have intentions to drive.
The Bottomline: Put Safety First While Drinking
Having a great night is all well and good, but having a safe, enjoyable night is most important. Always take into consideration how your actions can and will affect your life and the lives of others.
Have fun and stay safe! Until the next time!